“R.L. Stine rode a wave of kid popularity, partly fueled by the fledgling Internet, to become perhaps the best-selling children’s author of the 20th century.”
Entertainment Weekly, August 17, 2007
- People Magazine interview with R.L. Stine (November 2, 2015)
- NPR On Point with Tom Ashbrook interview with R.L. Stine (October 30, 2015)
- TIME “After 400 million books sold, R.L. Stine finally has a movie” (October 19, 2015)
- CNN Reliable interview with R.L. Stine (October 18, 2015)
- NPR Weekend All Things Considered interview with R.L. Stine (October 18, 2015)
- CNN CNN’s Brian Stelter: “I was a 12-year-old ‘Goosebumps’ blogger. Now R.L. Stine and I are friends” (October 17, 2015)
- Wall Street Journal interview with R.L. Stine (October 2, 2015)
- EntertainmentWeekly.com Author R.L. Stine on His Summer Book Recommendations (August 3, 2012)
- Reuters R.L. Stine Scares Boys and Girls, Just a Bit (August 2, 2012)
- Newsweek Goosebumps Creator R.L. Stine on 20th Anniversary Series" (July 30, 2012)
- Atlantic Wire R.L. Stine Has Been Giving Us Goosebumps for 20 Years (July 19, 2012)
- Time.com R. L. Stine profiled in "What Scares the People Who Scare Us?" (October 31, 2011)
- Parade Magazine "Personality Parade" feature (October 30, 2011)
- Time.com "140 Best Twitter Feeds" includes R. L. Stine in the author category (March 28, 2011)
Goosebumps is one of the best-selling children’s series of all-time – with more than 350 million English language books in print, plus international editions in 22 languages. A global megabrand, the Goosebumps television show airs on The Hub in the United States and is available for download on iTunes and streaming on Netflix. The official website is www.scholastic.com/goosebumps
In July 1992, Scholastic introduced a monthly book series by R.L. Stine called Goosebumps with Goosebumps: Welcome to the Dead House. Twenty years later, Goosebumps is now one of the best-selling children’s series of all-time—with more than 350 million English language books in print, plus an additional 50+ million international copies in print in 22 languages—selling at the phenomenal rate of four million books per month in the mid-1990s. The Goosebumps series made R.L. Stine a worldwide publishing celebrity (and Jeopardy answer), and Goosebumps was named the world's bestselling book series of all time in the 2003 Guinness Book of World Records.
Goosebumps HorrorLand Audiobooks #1–#12 are available in stores, on Playaway, and for download at iTunes, Audible.com, and in libraries at Overdrive.com.
The Goosebumps HorrorLand video game is available for Nintendo Wii™ & DS™ as well as Playstation®
The award-winning television series, which told the spookily outrageous and funny tales of ordinary kids who find themselves in extraordinary and scary situations, originally aired on Fox Kids and now airs on The Hub TV network in the United States; the show is also available on Netflix and iTunes. The television series has won numerous awards.
DVDs of the award winning television series are available from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.
Goosebumps, a feature film starring Jack Black, based on the book series by R.L. Stine, was released in theaters on October 16, 2015, and opened at #1 at the box office.
Video Game Trailer 16 MB .mov
Television Commercials for DVD/Home Video 10 MB .mov
Audio Clip from Goosebumps HorrorLand #1: Revenge of the Living Dummy 5 MB .mp3
Click an image for a hi-res version
Goosebumps Most Wanted
Goosebumps Most Wanted: Here Comes the Shaggedy (Goosebumps: Most Wanted #9)
Publishes February 23, 2016
Goosebumps Most Wanted: The Haunter (Goosebumps Most Wanted Special Edition #4)
Publishes June 28, 2016
Goosebumps Most Wanted: Lizard of Oz (Goosebumps: Most Wanted #10)
Publishes September 27, 2016