“READ 180 has done more than improve my reading and writing skills. It has given me a new desire to continue learning in college and for the rest of my life.”
Roy Steffen, 17
2008 READ 180 All-Star
- Effingham County Students Make Dramatic Reading Gains in 2013-14 School Year
- Four Inspiring Teachers Named National READ 180® and System 44® Outstanding Educator Award Winners
- Thirteen U.S. Students Are Honored by Scholastic for Outstanding Academic Success
- Scholastic's Educational Technology Programs Go Mobile on the iPad®, with READ 180 Leading the Way
- READ 180 and System 44 Outstanding Educators Help Struggling Students Become Confident Lifelong Readers
- Twelve Struggling Students Named Reading All-Stars, Receive National Award for their Academic Success
- READ 180® and System 44® from Scholastic Receive ROE (Return on Education) Innovation Award at ASU/GSV Ed Innovation Summit
- Scholastic Announces Educational Technology Product Launch with MATH 180, iRead, System 44 Next Generation and READ 180
- KIPP Academy Students Show Significant Reading Gains Using READ 180
- Four Years of U.S. Department of Education Research Shows READ 180 Effective in Combatting Adolescent Illiteracy
- Scholastic Reports $50 Million in Sales of READ180 Next Generation Since Launch in May
- Scholastic launches READ 180 Next Generation
READ 180 Next Generation
- READ 180 Next Generation incorporates new technology, content and supports to make teachers more effective, school leaders more empowered, and students more engaged.
- A new Teacher Dashboard draws upon user-friendly technologies like those used in online banking to deliver instructional data to teachers anytime/anywhere and helps them sort through it, analyze it and use it to provide targeted instruction that addresses each student’s specific needs.
- A new Student Dashboard taps into research on gaming by giving students the ability to more clearly track their progress, see evidence of their success and earn rewards for topping their "personal bests."
- New writing software and instruction in the READ 180 rBook are designed to help students build competence and confidence and make and support arguments.
- READ 180 is the most studied and most successful intervention program for struggling readers, used in 40,000 classrooms across the country.
- READ 180 combines adaptive software with small group direct instruction and independent reading to help accelerate reading achievement and get students back on track in school and in life.
- More than 40 independent studies have proven the effectiveness of READ 180.
READ 180 IN THE NEWS
Margery Mayer Discusses Read 180 Next Generation
Ed Week, July 2012
Montclair Student Overcomes Tremendous Odds to Read, Write
CBS-9, May 2012
Lagging Readers Turn 180 Degrees
Las Veges Review-Journal, May 2012
Indiana Students Win National Award for Reading Improvement
FOX-59, May 2012
Top Honors for Alonso Reading Teacher
Tampa Bay Times, May 2012
English Teacher Encourages Reading
Fort Campbell Courier, March 2011
Changing Lives in El Paso
ABC-7 News, November 2010
Education Week, April 2008
Teachers Seek Out Software to Help Students’ Reading
Education Week, July 2007
In Cities, A Battle to Improve Teenage Literacy (PDF)
New York Times, April 2004
12 Years of Proven Success
- A Compendium of READ 180 Research
- READ 180: A Decade of Proven Effectiveness
- Adolescent Literacy: A National Crisis
- Florida Center for Reading Research Validates READ 180 Success in Seminole County Florida
- Improving Student Literacy in the Phoenix Union High School District
READ 180 All-Star Awards
Honoring students who have changed their lives by learning to read.
- 2010 READ 180 and SYSTEM 44 All-Stars Press Release
- 2009 READ 180 All-Stars Press Release
- Nominate an All-Star