“I'm able to do more things by myself. I got into college by myself and am graduating as an Honorable student. READ 180 helped me a lot!”
—Michael, READ 180 Student, Dover, DE
“READ 180 has transformed my students into phenomenal young readers who now have the confidence to rise above their challenges and reach for the stars.”
—Ann, Cedar Creek Elementary
- Effingham County Students Make Dramatic Reading Gains in 2013-14 School Year
- Four Inspiring Teachers Named National READ 180® and System 44® Outstanding Educator Award Winners
- Thirteen U.S. Students Are Honored by Scholastic for Outstanding Academic Success
READ 180 Next Generation
- READ 180 Next Generation incorporates new technology, content and supports to make teachers more effective, school leaders more empowered, and students more engaged.
- A new Teacher Dashboard draws upon user-friendly technologies like those used in online banking to deliver instructional data to teachers anytime/anywhere and helps them sort through it, analyze it and use it to provide targeted instruction that addresses each student’s specific needs.
- A new Student Dashboard taps into research on gaming by giving students the ability to more clearly track their progress, see evidence of their success and earn rewards for topping their "personal bests."
- New writing software and instruction in the READ 180 rBook are designed to help students build competence and confidence and make and support arguments.
- READ 180 is the most studied and most successful intervention program for struggling readers, used in 40,000 classrooms across the country.
- READ 180 combines adaptive software with small group direct instruction and independent reading to help accelerate reading achievement and get students back on track in school and in life.
- More than 40 independent studies have proven the effectiveness of READ 180.
Scholastic 180 Awards
- The Scholastic 180 Awards celebrate the achievements of READ 180, MATH 180, and System 44 students and educators. Each year, Scholastic asks educators to nominate their students and colleagues to recognize their dedication and achievements inside and outside the classroom, awarding more than $25,000 to outstanding students and their teachers.
- The 180 Student Awards recognize the outstanding achievements of READ 180, MATH 180 and System 44 students who have overcome challenges to succeed in school.
- The 180 Educator Awards recognize the exceptional commitment of READ 180, MATH 180 and System 44 educators who have helped students overcome their academic challenges, truly turning students' lives around.
Archived Press Releases
- Scholastic's Educational Technology Programs Go Mobile on the iPad®, with READ 180 Leading the Way
- READ 180 and System 44 Outstanding Educators Help Struggling Students Become Confident Lifelong Readers
- Twelve Struggling Students Named Reading All-Stars, Receive National Award for their Academic Success
- READ 180® and System 44® from Scholastic Receive ROE (Return on Education) Innovation Award at ASU/GSV Ed Innovation Summit
- Scholastic Announces Educational Technology Product Launch with MATH 180, iRead, System 44 Next Generation and READ 180
- KIPP Academy Students Show Significant Reading Gains Using READ 180
- Four Years of U.S. Department of Education Research Shows READ 180 Effective in Combatting Adolescent Illiteracy
- Scholastic Reports $50 Million in Sales of READ180 Next Generation Since Launch in May
- Scholastic launches READ 180 Next Generation