"When a student is in the 3rd, 7th or even 10th grade and continues to struggle with reading basics, schools don’t have time to waste. They need to provide intensive, engaging instruction that targets kids where they are and gets them to where they need to be—quickly."
—Margery Mayer, President, Scholastic Education
- Four Inspiring Teachers Named National READ 180® and System 44® Outstanding Educator Award Winners
- Thirteen U.S. Students Are Honored by Scholastic for Outstanding Academic Success
- READ 180 and System 44 Outstanding Educators Help Struggling Students Become Confident Lifelong Readers
- Twelve Struggling Students Become Reading All-Stars with "System 44" and "READ 180"
- READ 180® and System 44® from Scholastic Receive ROE (Return on Education) Innovation Award at ASU/GSV Ed Innovation Summit
- Scholastic Announces Educational Technology Product Launch with MATH 180®, iRead, System 44® Next Generation and READ 180®
- Study of Blended Learning Reading Program in Michigan Shows Significant Effects for Adolescent Learning Disabled Students
- Struggling Readers Get Second Chance With System 44, Proven Phonics Instruction
What is System 44™?
- Research-based phonics instruction that invites students to crack the code and master the 44 sounds and 26 letters that make up the English language.
- Highly motivating and age-appropriate adaptive technology
- Direct personalized instruction to older students who struggle with foundational reading skills
- The new Scholastic Phonics Inventory (SPI), a unique, technology-based assessment—the first of its kind—to help identify students who lack basic phonics skills
System 44 informational videos
System 44 Overview:
Placement, Assessment & Reporting: