by #1 international bestselling author David Baldacci
A #1 New York Times Bestseller
A USA Today Bestseller
“What happens when an international best-selling crime novelist
tries his hand at a youth fantasy? Well, in this case, success.
Baldacci, best known for writing thrillers, also has a talent for creating magical worlds…he offers readers a smart, tough heroine worth rooting for.”
Booklist, starred review
About The Finisher
Master storyteller David Baldacci conjures a thrilling, imaginative world where things are as wrong as wrong can be – and introduces readers to an unforgettable heroine who must think fast, look close, and defy all odds in her fight to do what’s right.
Vega Jane has never left the village of Wormwood. But this isn’t unusual – nobody has ever left the village of Wormwood. At least not until Quentin Herms vanishes into the unknown.
Vega knows Quentin didn’t just leave – he was chased. And he’s left behind a very dangerous trail of clues that only she can decode.
The Quag is a dark forest filled with terrifying beasts and bloodthirsty Outliers. But just as deadly are the threats that exist within the walls of Wormwood. It is a place built on lies, where influential people are willing to kill to keep their secrets. Vega is determined to uncover the truth – but the closer she gets, the more she risks her life.
David Baldacci is the author of twenty-seven books for adults, each of which has become both a national and international bestseller. His astonishing career started with Absolute Power, which was adapted into a major motion picture starring Clint Eastwood. David's books have sold more than 110 million copies worldwide, and been translated into more than forty-five languages. Together with his wife, Michelle, David established the Wish You Well Foundation® to promote family literacy. David and his family live in Virginia.
- David Baldacci discusses the young adult audience in his new book The Finisher on CBS This Morning (April 17, 2014)
- Featured review of The Finisher on SciFiPulse.net (February 2014)
- "David Baldacci Launches Debut Kids' Fantasy Series" feature story in Publishers Weekly (January 30, 2014)
- USA Today exclusively reveals cover and excerpt from The Finisher (November 7, 2013)
- Sony Pictures Entertainment options David Baldacci’s upcoming fantasy novel, coverage in The Wrap (September 24, 2013)
- The Finisher announcement coverage in the Associated Press(August 12, 2013)
- The Washington Post covers David Baldacci as he takes readers on a virtual field trip of the Smithsonian National Museum of American History (March 4, 2013)
- “David Baldacci clues kids in to Smithsonian’s treasures” feature story in USA Today (February 27, 2013)
- Turning kids on to history: David Baldacci, the man most known for mysteries and political thrillers, appears on MSNBCto discuss the Smithsonian virtual field trip (March 5, 2013)
- Announcement Press Release (August 12, 2013)
- David Baldacci Author Photo (credit: Alexander James)
- David Baldacci Q&A
- The Finisher Cover
- First Two Chapters from The Finisher