About this is teen
this is teen is an integrated and comprehensive initiative that connects teens with their favorite Scholastic authors and books, building a community of readers.
Launched in April 2011, components of the extensive "this is teen" initiative included the creation of a Facebook destination, location-based mobile application SCVNGR, and a national tour featuring bestselling and acclaimed authors Meg Cabot (Abandon; April 26, 2011), Libba Bray (Beauty Queens; May 24, 2011), and Maggie Stiefvater (Forever; July 12, 2011).
The this is teen Facebook page, a content-rich and teen-focused area where readers can engage and communicate with each other, is a permanent Facebook destination featuring on-going exclusive author videos, blog entries, contests, trivia, giveaways, and a cross-section of young adult authors and books published by Scholastic. The "this is teen" Facebook page features an interactive book finder application, a tool that suggests books for teens based on their favorite books, authors, and topics. Within the first six months, the "this is teen" Facebook page has attracted more than 65,000 fans.
Scholastic was the first publishing partner for SCVNGR, a location-based mobile application that allows consumers to participate in challenges at specified locations using their smart phones. On April 26, 2011, the "this is teen" SCVNGR social game launched, engaging teens across the country through exclusive book-related challenges at participating bookstores nationwide to enter a sweepstakes for prizes.
The "this is teen Live" multi-city national tour featuring bestselling authors Meg Cabot, Libba Bray, and Maggie Stiefvater kicked off on May 24, 2011, with major bookstore events in five markets including New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, and Miami.
Click here for a listing of current this is teen events.
Follow “this is teen” on Twitter @this_is_teen and on Facebook
- "I read YA" event hosted by "this is teen" at Wi8 in Publishers Weekly (February 28, 2013)
- On Our Minds coverage of "this is teen Live" tour (June 27, 2011)
- "Three YA Authors Bring Online to the Real World" in Publishers Weekly Children’s Bookshelf (June 23, 2011)
- "Scholastic Debuts Integrated Teen Community Initiative" in Publishers Weekly (April 7, 2011)
- this is teen Announcement Press Release
- this is teen Author Video (To download, right click on the link and select Save File As...)
- this is teen logo
- this is teen Postcard